This post mill is dated from 1770 and was erected by the corporation of the bakers. It was constructed at the place where the by the wind in 1744 toppled Saint-Janshuismill of the Saint-Johnshospital stood, from there comes the name.
This wooden mill leans on masonned piers.
This mill is the only still authentic specimen in Bruges. Several windmills were constructed on the at that time nem townwalls at the end of the 13 th century. In the 19 th century they were all but two destructed because their original function was taken over by the steam grinderies.Today the mill is used as a museum. He wears a huge weather vane.